Search This Blog

July 30, 2015

Under the Princess Crown with Susabelle Kelmer #contemporaryromance #renaisancefaire #MFRWorg

Susabelle Kelmer writes spicy-sweet contemporary romance from the foot of the Rocky Mountains in northern Colorado.  Her debut novel, Fairest of the Faire, was released in June 2015.

Speed Round:
Favorite movie: A Walk in the Clouds
Favorite book: Dictionary
Last book read: Waltzing the Cat
Favorite color: Pink
Stilettos or flip-flops: flip flops!
Coffee or tea: coffee
E-book or paperback: paperback
Pencil or pen: pen
Favorite song: Chain of Love
Streak or not: nope
Favorite dessert: chocolate ice cream
Champagne or gin: Champagne
Paranormal or Historical: Historical
Ginger or Mary Ann: Mary Ann
Favorite TV show: Cardinal’s Baseball
Hot or cold: cold
POV: happy
I'd die if I don't have: writing



The renaissance faire is filled with characters and romance, 
but will it end in storybook love?


“Who said anything about a relationship?” he said, standing up so he could tower over her again. “I’m just trying to have a little fun. You know, fun?”

If he’d been an animal, she was sure he’d have had hair raised on the back of his neck, he seemed so angry, and it struck her painfully. She hadn’t wanted to anger him or hurt him. She turned away from him and closed her eyes to tamp down the tears she knew would come if she let them. She crossed her arms over her chest, to hold in the pain. Being tired made her much too vulnerable.
“Yes,” she finally said. “I know about fun. Life isn’t always fun, though.”

“Princess.” His voice was soft, tender. “I won’t hurt you. It’s not in my plan.”

Despite herself, she felt the shivers of desire race down from her shoulders, down her arms and legs, and back up to that secret, soft place at her core. She bowed her head and gritted her teeth, hoping for the feeling to go away.
“And what is your plan, Gage?”

“It’s a simple plan. I want you to feel good. I want to feel good, too.”

Find Fairest of the Faire at: Susabelle

Find Susabelle Kelmer at: Website   Email


So Susabelle, what interested you in setting a book at a renaissance festival?

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for having me here at the Plotting Princesses!

I loved setting this story in the Renaissance Faire, a place of magic. A lot of work goes on behind the scenes for the show to go on as it does, but I love the jousting and the play-acting and the amazing costumes and people in character. It seemed like the perfect place to set my novel.

Liese said...

Oooo, sounds delicious. And I LOVE the Renaissance Faire setting! What a clever idea. Can't wait to read more!

Liese

Unknown said...

Welcome, Susabelle. Your story sounds delightful. Love your answers above also. We could almost be twins. Ha. About as close to stilettos as I get is my current heroine who loves them. Me, I'm a flip flop, Mary Ann sorta gal.

Barbara Bettis said...

Susabelle--Someone else who likes A Walk in the Clouds!! Hi ;)I want so much to attend a Renaissance Faire. I always forget to check out when the one is that's only four hours from me. By the time I realize it's about time, it's over! Best of luck with your book.

Kelly L Lee said...

Sounds like a super fun read - good luck with your book sales, and thanks for blogging!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Susabelle! I have never been to the Faire, but my boys have and loved it. Maybe one day I can talk Handsome into being my knight in shining armor. lolol

Casi McLean said...

Susa Bill, your book sounds so intriguing-the perfect escape. I can't wait to read it.

Kathy Ivan said...

Susabelle, thanks for joining the Princesses today. I love the Ren Faires. I've been to several, though i didn't dress up, just went to see all the activities and meander through the multitude of booths. The jousting is so much fun.

I'd never considered setting a book there, though. Great idea! Wishing you many sales.

Unknown said...

Great idea for a setting, Susabelle! Haven't been to the Faire in years. I guess I'm due to go back.

Karilyn Bentley said...

Hi Susabelle! Thank you for stopping by the PP blog! I love the idea of setting your story at the Ren Faire! While I've gone, I've never dressed up, but it's fun to walk around and see the different characters. Best wishes for many sales!!!